States I've Visited


visited 30 states (60%)

Sunday, July 18, 2010

A funny moment at dinner.

Our oldest, Dallas, had his wisdom teeth pulled this past week in preparation for missionary service. When I arrived home from work, I found him lying on the sofa. I think he was asleep, still under the effects of the anesthesia.

Kamryn came up to me and gave me a hug, as she often does upon my return from work. Then she asked me, "Do you know what Dallas did when he got home from the dentist?"

"What?" I asked.

"He asked me and Kelsey to play cards with him."

"Oh?" I questioned.

"Yeah. That's rather unusual for Dallas", she replied.;

Indeed.

A little while later, we gathered at the table for dinner and asked Dallas if he wanted to join us. Much to my surprise, he did. I thought he would prefer to continue resting. The rest of us had some solid foods for dinner. Dallas had a cup of yogurt and some pudding in front of him. A few minutes into dinner, I heard Kamryn call Dallas' name.

"Dallas?" Silence.

I looked up and Dallas appeared to be sound asleep sitting in his chair. We all smiled at one another and Kamryn called again, "Dallas!"

Dallas opened his eyes and asked, "What?" We told him he had fallen asleep.

A few seconds later, Kamryn again said, "Dallas." Again, he had fallen asleep at the table. He woke up again, and this time took a spoonful of his yogurt. Half of it made it into his mouth, the other half began running down his still-numb lip and chin. We all started laughing. It was made all the more funny when he asked "What?", clearly not knowing what was going on. I was moved to tears it was so funny. That and the fact that this mellowness was a side of Dallas we had not seen in some time. It was refreshing.

He wiped his chin, which apparently took more energy than he had available because he promptly fell asleep again. We woke him again and he took another bite of yogurt. Same result. Half in the mouth, half down the chin. This time I went and got the camera.

Kelsey says its mean to post this photo, but I do it out of love!

We love you Dallas.





4 comments:

Jen Perkins said...

That's awesome!

bugicidal man said...

LOL - that is so funny - love the pic and description. Was happy to read about the mission service he is prepping for too. Congrats. It is all worth it.

Alison said...

you should have recorded it... and sent it in to Funniest Home Videos. Just think what you could have done with $10,000. :-0

Next time I see you... remind me to tell you what my "word verification" word is for leaving this comment. You might be led to tears... AGAIN!!! (hahaha!!)

Bethany said...

Ha ha! Anesthesia can do the funniest things to people! Glad you got a picture of it. I'm sure he thinks it's funny, now:) Maybe, when you want calm Dallas again, you can have some extra needles lying around....